Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Identity

When I started this blog, I never dreamed of the ways in which it would be used. I never dreamed I'd have an international audience, including viewers from the United States, Germany, the UK, Canada, the Philippines, Australia, Finland, France, Indonesia, Mexico, and Sweden.

While I'm truly humbled by the number of page views and my international audience, I am most humbled by the way God is using this blog in my own life. See, when I'm having rough days, I still hold myself accountable to write here. And on those days, God seems to use my own blog to speak to me. Today, I was  struggling with self worth due to my past mistakes as well as to listening to what others think of me. Then, an amazing song came on the radio, and I suddenly knew both how I would be getting through the day and what I would be writing for you. So, without further ado:

In a world that loves to use labels and identify people by superficial characteristics, it's easy to lose track of who we are and what really matters. We also live in a world that keeps track of our wrongs, and often remembers them longer than our successes. I don't know about you, but I get bogged down in that and I forget that I am more than my mistakes, more than my weight, more than my scars.

Let me remind you who you really are (I need the reminder, too) through a song by Jason Gray called "I Am New." You are, we are, "forgiven, beloved, hidden in Christ, made in the image of the Giver of Life, righteous, and holy, reborn, and remade, accepted, and worthy, this is our new name."

(Find the full song here, along with an incredible music video.) OR watch below!


No comments: