Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Sin Lucha, No Hay Victoria (Without Struggle, there is no Victory)

Hi, all! I hope you had a great time celebrating Self-Harm Awareness Day. One of my dear tumblr followers wore orange to celebrate. I wore my TWLOHA shirt. Anybody do anything more exciting?

Today, I'd like to take a moment to explain the title of the blog, since some of you have asked.

I titled the blog "Cutting Your Way Out" because this is a recovery blog. You could certainly make an argument that the title itself could be triggering. Since this is a recovery blog, that seems counter-intuitive. However, recovery is not pretty. Recovery is a battle. The title is a reminder of that, for you and for me. The title will, I hope, keep me from posting anything implying that recovery is all sunshine and rainbows, even though we will certainly have some sunshine/rainbow days sprinkled in.

Are you currently trying to recover? If so, what has been your biggest obstacle? Your biggest success?

Are you currently muddling through the addiction? What is your biggest struggle? What things help you to have good days in the midst of your struggle?

No matter where you're at in your struggle, know that I love you and that I want you to be happy and healthy when you're ready.

No comments: