Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Let's Chat

Sorry for the late post. I've been fighting with myself over what to post for y'all here. See, I want to be strong for all of you, but I can only do that by being honest, which means, sometimes, by being weak.

Today, I relapsed due to some of the realities of my life at the moment. I knew that I should post about it here, but I fought it. Why? Because I want to be better. Because I want you to feel like you can come to me, and I feared you wouldn't come to me if I still struggled. Silly, I know. I realized that when I saw a quote posted by Hope Inside Love, which read "You were born to be real, not perfect," attributed to Erika Linder.

So here I am, with a fresh bandage on my arm, being real with you. I still struggle. I do not have this down pat. I have some fantastic strategies for recovery, but there will still be relapses while I muddle through it. I just want to start the conversation, particularly in organized religion, that will eventually help people like me to recover. You see, I think one of the reasons we have such an epidemic of self-injury is that we don't talk about it. So, get talking.

No comments: